The Wiscasset Municipal Airport (international identifier: KIWI) is located within the municipal boundaries of the town of Wiscasset, Maine, in Lincoln County, approximately four miles west of the village (central business district). The airport is located on Chewonki Neck Road, south of Route 144 and east of U.S. Route 1. KIWI is approximately 50 miles east of Portland and 12 miles from Boothbay Harbor, Maine and can be accessed by U.S. Route 1 and state highways 27, 144, and 218. The airport’s deeded property, which was acquired over a number of years starting in 1958, covers approximately 257 acres, including avigation easements.
Additional information about the airport can be found at the following links:
- Airport Master Record (FAA Form 5010-1)
- Current Notices to Airmen (NOTAMS) (enter IWI in the Locations box)
- NOAA Current Weather
- For Current Airport Conditions at KIWI Call the Automated Weather Observation Station (AWOS) at 207-882-8094 or listen to frequency 135.725 (if you're near airport).
Website Photography Credits:
- Dave Cleveland - Maine Imaging (www.maineimaging.com)
- Mark Warner - Wiscasset-based Pilot
- John Sowles - Wiscasset-based Pilot